Celtic’s remediation of Catalyst Trade Park, part of the Mersey Gateway Project, won the ‘Technological Application Award’ at the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT) Awards, held at the Royal Courts of Justice in London last week. The award was presented jointly to the project team of Halton Borough Council, Ramboll and Celtic.
Present in the Courts were over 400 people, including senior management of a large number of major companies, consultancies and Local Authorities involved in highways and transport.
The judge’s comments were:
‘The judges were extremely impressed by this innovative remediation process, which recovered a substantial volume of technically challenging solvents, using in-situ technologies rather than bulk excavation. The combined efficiencies of four techniques on a difficult and hazardous site achieved the required balance of ‘neat’ solvent recovery, groundwater treatment and reduced environmental risk. The project was delivered at a fixed cost, on time and within budget, close stakeholder engagement being maintained at all times. Future development risks were significantly reduced, enabling the main construction works to proceed with confidence. The process has wider implementation potential by facilitating the development of difficult brownfield sites with benefits for industry and society.’
Once again, this is national recognition of Celtic’s ability to deliver leading edge technologies for our clients and partners.
The impressive awards tally for the remediation of Catalyst Trade Park as part of the advance works for the Mersey Gateway Project team now includes :
- 2014 Winner: Technological Application Award. Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation Awards 2014
- 2014 Winner: Project of the Year. Construction News Specialist Awards (subcontract between £500k & £2m)
- 2014 Winner: Sustainability Award. Ground Engineering Awards 2014
- 2014 Winner: Best Practice Award. Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation North West Region (CIHT)
- 2014 Highly Commended: Award for Technical Excellence. Ground Engineering Awards 2014
- 2014 Highly Commended: Sustainability Award. Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation North West Region (CIHT)
- 2014 Finalist: Contractor of the Year. Ground Engineering Awards 2014.
- 2014 Finalist. ICE North West Regional Awards
- 2013 Highly Commended: Best Use of a Combination of Remediation Techniques, Brownfield Briefing
- 2013 Commended: Sustainability. Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation Northwest region (CIHT)
- 2013 Performance Beyond Compliance: Considerate Constructors Scheme